Mark Miller, Working Foreman
The Building / Parks Maintenance Division is committed to making our City buildings and parks clean and attractive places to visit and work.
The division is responsible for:
- Approximately 95 acres of City-owned parks and grounds
- 1.5 miles of boardwalk that winds through a historic wetlands area at Fort Island Park
- Tennis and handball courts
- Shelter at Croghan Park
- Annual inspecition of playground equipment
- Set-up for weekly concerts
- 4th of July parade and fireworks
Three (3) full-time personnel are assigned to clean and maintain six (6) City-owned buildings as well as assist with grounds and maintenance. They work at the Community Center to set-up for weddings, parties, fitness classes, and many other events that require these personnel to be available seven (7) days a week throughout the year.